Our popular Workplace Health and Safety Risk Management for Managers/Supervisors course is the essential ‘construction supervisor’s handbook’ and produces confident, ‘street smart’ and highly employable managers and supervisors.Course Name: WHS Risk Management for Supervisors/Managers
Course Number: 102001
Duration: 2 Days
This course is a popular ‘doorway course’ into our Construction Leadership program and describes the performance outcomes, skills and knowledge required to identify hazards, assess risks and implement strategies to control WHS risks in the workplace. Workers who take this course learn about the ‘unwritten’ culture of safety leadership.
Similar courses offered by our competitors often omit what it really takes to be an effective leader. Their curriculum deeply pivots on technical training whereas our teachings stem from our industry experience and teaches confidence and practical knowledge surrounding construction safety. It also describes the performance outcomes required to apply an understanding of the legal and regulatory framework of WHS in order to provide advice regarding the WHS legislative responsibilities of an WHS practitioner, company director, manager, supervisor and employee.
This course counts towards three units of competency towards the ten units required for obtaining a Cert IV in WHS (which is becoming an industry benchmark for Supervisors in Construction industry).
Our WHS Risk Management Course for Managers and Supervisors doesn’t ‘just tick the boxes’ like similar training from other organizations. Our graduates walk away as leaders armed with a productive (and profitable) safety culture mindset … and regularly rise through the ranks faster than other managers with similar leadership qualifications.
Organisations see the following benefits from holding this qualification:
- Smaller sub-contractors and business can demonstrate their industry relevancy and prove that they are ahead of the pack by ensuring their staff hold this qualification… to differentiate themselves, get preference in contract opportunities… and be competitive on pricing.
- Companies registered with Federal Safety Commission are required to have evidence of qualified Supervisors & Managers (national recognised qualifications are the benchmark). This qualification will satisfy those requirements.
- FSC accredited companies are required to provide this training in a format that is customised to their own WHS system (accreditation requirement). We have developed customised versions for a range of our clients to satisfy this requirement.
Individuals see the following benefits from holding this qualification:
- This program is minimum requirement for all supervisors and team leaders at a range of our top-tier clients. Individuals who are serious about construction leadership complete this qualification with us.
- Career options open up by having this certificate. This qualification provides formal evidence and proof of experience as a supervisor.
- This course can be used as credit for a Cert IV in Leadership and Management or Cert IV in Work Health and Safety qualification.
Discover Why Australia’s Top Construction Companies Choose The Change Network for Their ‘Risk Management’ Ticket:Our approach is simple and unique. This course provides:
- Government accredited ‘Risk Management’ essentials
- Construction Safety Culture methodology (to promote a safer, happier and productive worksite… which translates to greater profitability)
- A component in our ‘Construction Leadership’ program, designed for current or future worksite leaders
- Workplace Health and Safety Coordinators
- Construction workers
- Demolition workers
- Plant operators
- Crane drivers
- Delivery drivers
- Steel fixers
- Fit-out teams
- Balustrade installers
- Future leaders
- Leading hands
- Landscape gardeners
- Overseas workers
- Overseas managers
Why Choose The Change Network For Yourself Or Your Construction Organisation?
- We provide real training outcomes, not just ‘bare-minimum’ qualifications on a sheet of paper. Unlike many of our competitors, our courses teach highly valuable ‘street smart’ workplace practices which produces graduates ready for the ‘real’ world. We use a combination of our industry experience and advanced curriculum to provide these real training outcomes.
- We have construction industry experience. We’ve been around the block and have the scars to prove it. We tell it like it is… no BS.
- All programs are experiential and a variety of training methods are used. Our highly experienced facilitators have a successful track record in delivering accredited courses to large companies, SME’s and individuals.
- Location, Location, Location. We are centrally located in the Sydney CBD, which is easily accessible via public transport.
- We’re a ‘one stop shop’ for construction safety and leadership education. Our graduates often upgrade their qualifications to Cert IV in Work Health and Safety and our Dual Cert IV Leadership program (then potentially on to Diploma level programs).
- All programs are Nationally Recognised. We are a registered training organisation (RTO # 90299) and we’re fully accredited to deliver vocational training courses as well as Workplace Health and Safety inspection, environmental and quality assurance programs.
- We’ve been around since 1994. That’s TWENTY YEARS. We’re veterans.
- We operate with head trainers in each category and small group of trainers in each course section. We are capable enough to handle large organisations (organisations of up to 250 students involved in programs as long as ten months).
- We operate with a coaching and mentoring culture which includes additional support and guidance outside the classroom. Our trainers are available on-call for technical questions.
- We’re flexible. We can deliver training anywhere in Australia at times that suit our customers. All our Facilitators are Nationally Accredited and have vast practical and theoretical knowledge on the programs they facilitate.
- We help our customers find government funding … in many cases, courses can be provided at no cost. A Government incentive ranging from $1300 to $5600 per person is currently available (depending on location, qualification and active funding streams) to the employer for eligible participants enrolling in some of our nationally accredited programs.
Combine Your Change Network Short Courses To Qualify For A Cert IV Or Diploma QualificationMany of our short course graduates combine our essential short courses to contribute credits towards our Cert IV in Leadership and Management or Workplace Health and Safety Qualification. This is our ‘Frontline Leadership’ program. Course that can be combined are:
- White Card Induction
- WHS Risk Management for Managers/Supervisors
Course DetailsPROGRAM: WHS Risk Management for Supervisors/Managers.
UNITS OF COMPETENCY
- BSBWHS404 – Contribute to WHS hazard identification, risk assessment and risk control
- BSBWHS403 – Contribute to implementing and maintaining WHS consultation and participation processes
- BSBWHS402 Assist with compliance with WHS laws
DESCRIPTION: This course describes the performance outcomes, skills, and knowledge required to identify hazards, assess risks and implement strategies to control WHS risks in the workplace. It also describes the performance outcomes required to apply an understanding of the legal and regulatory framework of WHS in order to provide advice regarding the WHS legislative responsibilities of an WHS practitioner, company director, manager, supervisor and employee.
- Customised for building, construction, civil and related industries or other industries as required.
- Offered as a public course (Sydney) on set dates (refer to our training calendar).
- Offered to clients on an onsite / in-house basis.
- Roles, responsibilities, skills.
- The nature of risks – generally.
- Sources of WHS requirements – laws, regulations, codes.
- Site problems and ways to approach them/due diligence.
- Systematic ways of identifying hazards, of assessing risks, of eliminating or managing hazards.
- JSAs, Safe Work Method Statements.
- Incident management.
- Inspections/audits to monitor and action compliance.
GROUP SIZE: Maximum fifteen (15) people.
- Level 26, 1 Bligh Street, Sydney NSW 2000
- Onsite / in-house by request.
- Participants must arrive at 8:00 a.m. sharp.
- Course concludes at approximately 4:00 p.m.
- Public (Sydney) – $595.00 per person (GST exempt).
- Onsite/in-house – fee by request.
- Price includes training and assessments, reference materials and documentation.